March 16, 2012

hello there 27!

welcome melanie to your late 20's.
LATE TWENTIES!!!
wow. seriously, where did my early years go?

at least mr. barlow likes me being older.
even if it is only by 2 weeks.


my birthday morning started out with mr. barlow bringing me breakfast in bed! 
what a nice husband.
those honey nut cheerios hit the spot.
then that sweet man brought me some presents!
he is a good gift giver.

my husband knows i like things related to my camera.
he got me a fancy tripod and a remote control to my camera.
so fun.


he makes me smile.
and doesnt mind me taking photos of him early in the morning.


my family sent me sweet packages.
i am still really interested to see what my big sister laura got me!
all i know is that its from etsy and coming from Israel. should be exciting and/or interesting?!

here is me, the birthday girl.
playing with my fancy camera remote!
i am kinda obsessed.


after mr. barlow left for work my day went as follows ..

fell back asleep for another 1-2 hours.
who am i?!
and what is wrong with me?! i already had a good 8 hours of sleep in me.

brought lunch to mr. barlow at imagine.
birthday lunch date! it was nice.
and we are both grateful for my flexible job and his job which lets me come hang out with him.

a couple days before this day i told mr. barlow that i didnt want to plan my birthday.
i plan a lot and i just didnt want to plan anymore.
so this great husband of mine said, "i got this!"

he told me we would go to trafalga, [its a mini golf place and we have this pass called, 'the pass of all passes', clever right?!] anyways it gets us into trafalga and seven peaks.
he was also planning a thai dinner date for us.
when i left his place of work he said to me, "be ready to go at 7pm when i get home!"
i said, "ay ay captain!"

so i go home and decided since its my birthday i will relax and watch me some netflix.
little did i know there were other plans going on around me ..
here is what happened.

jacobs computer is hooked up to our tv so therefore i was using his computer to watch said netflix.
around 7:15pm i see his computer come to life. 
his mouse is moving on the desktop [mind you, i am on the couch, no where near the mouse.]
google music opens.
my netflix stops.

I START FREAKING OUT!!!

then this song starts blasting ..


then our front door opens and i hear ..
SURPRISE!!!

mr. barlow organized a surprise party to come to me.
that man is good!
i just love him.
and he has skills when it comes to his computer and freaking me out.

some of my favorite people all in our little apartment!
too bad my family & cat couldnt apparate here.
i really was surprised.


and i got to use my new fancy remote again!
can you see me NOT being sneaky about it?!

mr. barlow enlisted some helpers and fb continues to bring everyone together.

kim made my favorite chocolate oreo pudding cake.
whitney made some delish cookie dough cupcakes.
pammy jo made me a pretty sign.
cutest little abby drew me a birthday picture.
and everyone came to celebrate!


i felt very loved and celebrated.
thank you everyone for coming!
and thank you mr. barlow for being the best.


heres to being TWENTY-SEVEN!

1 comment:

  1. AND midnight showing of The Hunger Games. We'll be paying more than the ticket price for that come Friday morning when we have to get up for work.

    ReplyDelete