June 29, 2009

sacrifice + service = the Lords work ! [06.29.09]


i love this work. truly ! the theme of this week and MY 8th TRANSFER is SACRIFICE & SERVICE !

i read this talk .. Unselfish Service .. and then the WHOLE sabbath day was about this topic. it really made me think about my role as a representative of Jesus Christ, as a companion to sister johnson, as a missionary strenthening branches and wards .. I WANT AND NEED TO DO BETTER !

these are some scriptures that really hit home with me and my thoughts :

Matthew 16:24-25
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

Doctrine & Covenants 98:13
"And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name’s sake, shall find it again, even life eternal."

Mosiah 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

i LOVE making goals and that is what we did A LOT of this week ! goals upon goals for this transfer and this area !

i know this is short but apparently ALL the missionaries are waiting for me to finish .. there are 7 including my compy ! uh .. i just have a lot to say ok !

over all this week was good and this next week will be NOTHING SHORT OF BETTER AND AMAZING ! escpecially because its 4th of July ! we are gonna light up WISCONSIN !

i love you all .. thank you for everything .. the wmm is really the best !
sister warner

No comments:

Post a Comment