"...Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things."
"And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul."
the most joyous and desirable thing is God's love. that is the first principle of the gospel we teach as missionaries. God is our loving Heavenly Father. it is our foundation. when we come to know God's love for us we come to know that Jesus Christ is truly His Son. all the other principles of the gospel build from that foundation. THE LOVE OF GOD IS THE MOST DESIRABLE AND JOYOUS TO THE SOUL. i know this because i have felt God's love in many different ways and it has made my soul beyond joyous. as His full time representative i feel His love as He uses me as an instrument in teaching His children in the land of Wisconsin. His love is amazing and we can see, hear and feel it around us each day. look, listen and feel Him around you as you go on in your days and weeks .. He will truly manifest His love unto you, i promise.
i have seen His love go forth this week in the FOX CITIES !
* we had a sweet dinner and FHE with one of the twins .. SELINA .. she was asking really good questions about the Book of Mormon and the purpose of the gospel. the purpose of this gospel is to get back to our Father. He loves us. He wants us home and He has shown us the path through the Bible and more fully through the Book of Mormon and Modern Day Prophets !
* the weather on june 2nd was AMAZING ! we went to a park and had a mini lesson about the scriptures [on the phone] with JEREMIAH JAMES ! it was fun .. s. johnson and i teetered-tottered for a bit ! i am not that great at it .. you should ask her ! haha on that day of june 2nd i have been in the beautiful WISCONSIN for EXACTLY 9 MONTHS ! crazy how time flies .. i am loving every minute of it !
* OSHKOSH INSTITUTE IS THE PLACE TO BE ! we had about 15 YSA there and 3 of them are investigators ! brother hale [apl 2nd ward] is and AWESOME teacher .. everyone loves it and is learning SO much about "The Power of the Word" !
* PANG KOU YANG is always amazing ! she taught us this week on coming to church using a Book of Mormon story .. it was great ! its fun helping her teach and become a missionary ! she is just wonderful !
* i have to admit one of my FAVORITE Mormon missionary movies we watch is THE TESTAMENTS ! haha the movie shows Jerusalem and Ancient America at the same time and the signs of Jesus Christ in both countries ! the acting is cheesy but i just love it ! ITS A MUST SEE ! Jeremiah approved !
* we also taught JEREMIAH about the Priesthood. i have such a respect and love for the power of the Priesthood. it is amazing. i have been blessed to have an AMAZING PAPA to show me how a Priesthood holder and Father should be. all of us as a nation are blessed to have the power of the Priesthood RESTORED to the earth !
* i learned HOW to GARDEN this weekend by doing service ! it was fun ! i also realized that if i mention MONROVIA to gardeners they ACTUALLY KNOW what/where i am talking about ! i get very excited and let them know that is where i am from ! oh how i heart the monrov !
* i LOVE our recent converts ! MISSY cooked us dinner this weekend when we were up in GB working with the YSA ! she loves this gospel and her testimony is SO powerful and strong ! she is beautiful !
* seeing VANESSA ALCORTA enter the waters of baptism was amazing ! s.black and i taught her when we worked the GB area ! she is SO smart, cute, quite, funny and really loves the Book of Mormon and the gospel of Jesus Christ. she really reminded me of myself 13 years ago as i was being taught about prayer and Heavenly Father. missionary work is amazing. i am so grateful to e.bills and e.pittard who knocked on our door to teach us. i am SO grateful my amazing mother let us listen and know for ourselves if this was all true. i know the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. if it was not then i would not be in Wisconsin right now ! now VANESSA will bless the lives of her family .. who all came to support her !
* I CANT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE FAST AND TESTIMONY MEETING ! i just love the sabbath day. ALEX blessed the sacrament for the 1st time and he received a calling to the sunday school presidency ! he is rock solid amazing ! he bore his testimony on how grateful he was for the restored gospel and it was beautiful ! THEN to top it off .. JEREMIAH JAMES got up and bore his testimony ! he KNOWS Joseph Smith saw God, our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, he KNOWS the gospel was RESTORED and he KNOWS the Book of Mormon is TRUE. it was AMAZING !
the Lord loves His children of Wisconsin. i know this because i see it on a daily basis. it truly is amazing. His love truly is the most DESIRABLE and JOYOUS thing to our soul.
I LOVE YOU ! I THANK YOU ! YOU ARE AMAZING !