September 28, 2009

my soul delighteth ! [08.31.09]




2 Nephi 4:16

"Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."

my heart is full of emotions ! it has been a CRAZY week of changes and happenings ! so here it goes ..

* MONDAY we found out the TRIO NATION was being dissolved. it was sad news and a pretty rough day .. especially for sister black and i .. we felt gypped for not having a whole transfer together but we know this is best for the work to go forth and plus we will be friends for a really long time !

* TUESDAY we said lots of goodbyes and sister black and sister behrends packed ! sister behrends had been in the milwaukee area for almost 1 year so she had LOTS of stuff ! it was quite a packed day of visits and see you laters !

* WEDNESDAY we drove with President and Sister Barrett to interviews in Kenosha and then promptly drove back to up to the MILWAUKEE AIRPORT to get my NEW COMPANION ! we walked into the airport to find SISTER EARL teaching a way ! 9 weeks locked up in the Provo MTC gets you excited to talk and see REAL PEOPLE !

* SISTER EARL = SOEUR EARL ! she is from provo, utah and is 21 ! she is going to a FRENCH SPEAKING ISLAND off of MADAGASCAR ! she will be visa waiting here in the WMM for about 2-3 weeks ! she is fun and VERY excited about the work ! she is REALLY TALL ! she is 5'10" and TOWERS over me ! [kinda like you elle when you wear heals and without too ! ] it is great to have that fresh MTC feeling again ! especially since i was just there 1 year ago exact ! i am so grateful to be here in Wisconsin and for the WMM .. it really is #1 ! s. earl will think that about here and madagascar .. i really hope she sees DANCING LEMURS !

* THURSDAY we had lots and lots of planning ! i still dont know everyone as well as i wished i did so we made lots of plans to meet so we can teach ! we also attened the YSA Institute and the Open Mic Night after .. they were good ! Bishop Becker rocks the guitar like no other ! he is the perfect bishop for the YSA ! also the APs were there as well [we work with them in that ward !] e. young sang us a good song ! i encouraged s. earl to sing in french but she denied ! it is def fun to train again !

* FRIDAY we used all our resources to TALK WITH EVERYONE ! nothing in missionary work happens until you talk to someone ! it is SO TRUE ! it feels good to talk to everyone b.c. then you know that you are giving everyone the opprotunity to learn about the beautiful restored gospel !

* SATURDAY was some good volleyball BUT its gotten SO COLD ! fall is coming early and winter is coming fast ! you can see your breath in the morning ! wow. it was still a little warm when i came to WI in september ! the other good part was SAMI came .. she is our 13 yr old investigator and she even brought a friend ! she is cute and fun .. her mom KIM is coming back into activity and it is similar to my growing up experience .. marmie thank you for always coming to church with us and finding for yourself again the true everlasting happiness that comes from the restored gospel .. thank you.

on saturday as well we got to see PANG KOU YANG ! she lives in west allis now and she is amazing .. she still feels like she should go on a mission which is amazing ! i LOVE her so very much ! she is stellar !

* SUNDAY was amazing ! 8 hours of church ! we were there from 12p-8p ! crazy ! meetings and back to back/overlapping chruch but it was filled with the spirit to the max ! i love the sabbath day !

2 Nephi 4:24, 34-35

"And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me."

"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."

"Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."

this is how i feel. i love Nephis Psalm in 2 Nephi 4 .. i could put it all here but i encourage you all the read it ! its amazing and BEAUTIFUL !

the Lord is our rock and our salvation and i KNOW that i can turn to Him for anything and that He and His Son is ALWAYS there for us. i will put my trust in Him forever !

thank you for all your prayers for all the missionaries around the world and for Wisconsin ! thank you for all your support to me.

my many more congratulations to my sister and new brother in law .. heather and braden ! i saw some pictures and it was BEAUTIFUL and H you are looking GOOD ! and I LOVED THE CARDBOARD OF ME ! so fun ! i love that the black family went TOO ! i love you all.

I LOVE YOU.


sister warner

No comments:

Post a Comment