the adventures never cease when you are with sister warner and sister johnson working with the Winnebago YSA Branch ! [ especially the fact that i can still get lost WITH a GPS .. thank you mark ! but hey its me so it is possible ! story to come .. ]
1 Nephi 15:11
"Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."
all things are possible through the Lord .. FAITH .. HOPE .. DILIGENCE .. those are just some of the keys .. through those all thing will be made know unto us and all things are possible. i know it. i have seen it. miracles happen each and every day. we just need to take the time to recognize what that little miracle of the day is .. that has been our week .. little miracles each and every day to keep us going and teaching the Lords children in WISCONSIN !
i truly love this work. there is no greater calling then to be a representative of Jesus Christ. we can all be His representatives each and every day .. i see that everywhere with the Saints here in the Midwest .. they truly "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places..." [Mosiah 18:9]. it is remarkable ! small but strong ! i love being a part of it all and seeing it go forward each and everyday !
* Mike Grant is the best ! he has recently come back into activity and is just stellar ! its so great ! he made us sisters and a couple other YSA dinner before FHE !!! how great is that ! we also got to talk to his roommate Z [zokoye] for a bit and that is always good ! FHE is always fun ! elders crane and horrocks gave a great lesson on SERVICE !
* FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY ! i have such a great desire to do mine when i get home .. [MARMIE WE ARE DOING IT !] we took SHARI there ! SHARI is the new volunteer coordinator at St. Joes Food Program where we do service at ! we have built such a good relationship with her .. she is awesome ! she loves family history and we got her started it was SO good !
* FOX VALLEY TECH ! this is the tech college in appleton and a couple of our YSA go there .. we got the impression we needed to go there and see if we could work out getting LDSSA set up there .. we go we walk around and talk to the student life and as we are leaving we see GEORGINA .. she works at the photo lab at wal mart so we have seen her on PDAY .. she is from PERU and she speaks amazing english ! she wanted our # so we can tell her of activites and things going on ! THE LORD BLESSES US !
* we miss our LANAE .. she lived with us at the Thiels and we def miss having her around us all the time .. so we had a date with her this last week to HUHOT .. mongolian bbq and SO good ! she also brought ALEX who is 14 and doesnt believe in God .. we had a good discussion with him on how God is real .. i think he opened up a little bit .. we shall see.
* UWO is gonna happen ! the Lord is really lookin out for us on this one ! FAITH IS ESSENTIAL ! we went and talked to some students on thursday just chillin around campus and we had a really good discussion with SARAH and she wants us to come back ! OF COURSE ! we are so excited ! UWO needs the LDSSA on campus for sure !
* MATT came back from COSTA RICO and CALLED US ! it was sweet ! he is moving to Minnesota in 2 weeks though .. but he still loves the Mormons .. we are making an impact even if we dont always realize it !
* FRIDAY GIRLS NIGHT ! the RS wanted to have a sleepover and girls night .. sister j and i showed up for the movie .. EMMA SMITH but had to leave before it was over .. it was so good ! i love being a girl and a sister missionary !
* SATURDAY = LOTS OF DRIVING AND FUN !
1st .. LAUREE ENTERED THE WATERS OF BAPTISM ! she is going to UWO in the fall and is our in for sure .. she is the RHODES friend in oshkosh .. the oshkosh elders taught her but she is going to be a part of the branch and a great asset to the LDS Church ! she is solid ! her baptism was beautiful ! she is beautiful !
2nd .. APPLETON STAKE PIONEER DAY PICNIC ! we missed out on most of the fun b.c. we had some meetings to attend after the baptism but it was in the city of FOND DU LAC [which means .. foot of the lake .. LAKE WINNEBAGO THAT IS] but i still love pioneers.
3rd .. YSA SHEBOYGAN BEACH PARTY ! so this is where the story comes .. LOOK AT A WISCONSIN MAP WHEN READING ! LAKE WINNEBAGO is a big lake .. on the upper west side of the lake is appleton ..then you hit oshkosh .. then bottom of the lake is fond du lac .. to the east of fond du lac is LAKE MICHIGAN .. sheboygan is on lake michigan .. so now you have that .. we went down to these events from oshkosh with christina [one of our ysa] and she is the driver .. sister warner .. navigator with a gps [bad idea] .. the beach party was fun .. we played HARRY POTTER CLUE in accent in honor of the movie and we got rained on and it was time to go home .. so we go and WE GET LOST FOR OVER AN HOUR b.c. of me .. haha we went ALL THE WAY UP AND AROUND THE LAKE .. so we hit MANITOWOC and i realized we went the TOTALLY wrong way ! but all in all it was a good time and christina still loves me ! we did realize HOW BEAUTIFUL WISCONSIN IS ! so that was a blessing .. and know i can say i have seen all sides of LAKE WINNEBAGO ! go sister warner !
so all in all the week was good .. i love missionary work .. this week is gonna be amazing .. one highlight is SISTERS CONFERENCE ! all 11 of us sisters get to teach each other and be with each other for a morning/afternoon ! I LOVE THE WMM !
I LOVE YOU !