March 09, 2009

lose myself .. [03.02.09]


i am losing myself in this new area and falling in love with the people i am serving ..

the Savior tells us in ..
Matthew 10:39-40
"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me."

coming to a whole new area feels almost like a refresher course in the basics of missionary work. i love Wisconsin and i lost myself completely in green bay and now i am losing myself COMPLETELY in the WINNEBAGO YSA BRANCH !

its been a hard and interesting transition BUT i KNOW i am supposed to be here and that the Lord will use me as His instrument if i am obedient, humble and willing to lose myself for His sake. i KNOW that there are people here who will receive me b.c. i KNOW the Lord has prepared them and their hearts for the message of the restoration. what a beautiful thing it has been and is to see when people receive us as representatives of Jesus Christ b.c. that means they are receiving the Savior and their Heavenly Father who wants so desperately for ALL OF US to come back to him.

i love being a missionary and testifying of the saving power of Jesus Christ and His atonement. it is still the GREATEST OPPORTUNITY i have been given.

SO ..

monday we had a BIG COMBINED FHE with the GREEN BAY YSA's ! we had about 20 YSA .. it was so good .. 3 were investigators and life couldnt of been more fun !


ZONE CONFERENCE was on TUESDAY and it was SO GOOD .. the theme for this transfer is REPENTANCE .. i am learning more and more everyday on repentance and change and growth .. it is a beautiful thing. i LOVE zone conference and getting to learn and grow from all the missionaries. i was asked to bear my testimony and i was able to share how my BFFL JOSE ROMO JR has blessed my life and me becoming a missionary ! i love sharing my testimony .. it strengthens my knowledge of the things i know to be true.

this is the BIGGEST NEWS OF THE WEEK !

UW OSHKOSH .. UW OSHKOSH .. UW OSHKOSH

so we want to be missionaries on campus .. we want and NEED an LDSSA .. i was feeling a bit defeated b.c. we didnt know anyone on campus .. BUT after spending the day there on thursday [IN A HUGE SNOW STORM] THE LORD BLESSED US and we found a LDS PROFESSOR and we are looking for more students ! as we were walking around campus a student looked at us and asked us why we were there .. we just smiled and said we were missionaries and she said I KNOW .. i go to church in SHAWNO ! it was amazing ! i KNOW faith precedes miracles and we are having FAITH the UWO will open the gates to many YSA in the area !

we had a really good lesson with MISSY this week .. she wants to start coming back to church and we can see her getting baptized in the soon furture !

AMANDA is a YSA and her mom joined the church about 1 year ago and we are working with her to teach the lessons too and she is an amazing young women !

another amazing HIGHLIGHT of the week was watching the CES BROADCAST last night with ELDER HALES .. his talk was AMAZING and so STRENGTHING ! the best part was PRESIDENT CHILD CONDUCTED THE MEETING .. that was my stake pres who i left my mission from and the Relief Society Pres from my BYU 10th ward gave the closing prayer ! oh how i LOVE provo nation !

I LOVE YOU ALL AND THE WORK IS GOING FORWARD IF WE HAVE FAITH AND LOVE AND OBEDIENCE. i know this ..

President Barrett gave me this recipe for the Winnebago Branch just this morning .. s.johnson and i are DEF going to put it into action :
Add 10 new investigators to the mix.
Add faith.
Stir in repentance.
Fold in love.
Lay over the fire.
Top with perfect obedience.
Harvest baptisms.

DONE and DONE papa barr !

I LOVE YOU ALL !
sister warner

No comments:

Post a Comment