"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
Alma 26:35, 37
"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."
i feel just as Ammon did !
my joy is full and i have many reasons to rejoice ! i know it is only by the strength of God that i can be His instrument. i continue to see many mighty miracles in this land of Wisconsin. the Lord brings salvation unto His children when they repent and believe on His name. i have witnessed this great miracle just this weekend. Heavenly Father IS mindful of ALL His children, wherever they are ! i am SO thankful i get to see His love to His children here in Wisconsin !
ALEX JAMES PINGEL entered the waters of baptism on May 16, 2009 and he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost on May 17, 2009. IT WAS AMAZING ! he could NOT stop smiling. his faith has increased day by day and His love of the Book of Mormon is insane ! i have never met anyone quite like Alex. he taught with us right after his baptism and he is an AMAZING missionary. i am so grateful i have been able to meet him and see his journey onto the straight and narrow path back to our Heavenly Father. he knows it doesn't stop here at baptism .. he is excited for this path he has chosen .. whenever he prays he thanks Heavenly Father for this 'second chance' he has been given. His sister Brandie has and is an amazing example to him of the blessings the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to our lives.
IT IS AMAZING ! i am so blessed to be a missionary and especially to be here in WISCONSIN ! it is beautiful here. i love it !
this week was SO full of the spirit and the Lord truly blessed us .. he does every moment of everyday ! i love finding the MIRACLE OF THE DAY !
i loved this last week ..
* PDAY & FHE was so fun ! we played a little baseball with the elders .. baseball is not my strong point but it was still fun ! FHE = making a game out of foam swords and a dodge ball .. it was intense ! i gave the lesson on last minute notice and i am so grateful for the Spirits guiding influence to have of say what needs to be said at the very moment it needs to be said ..
* teaching ALEX about the importance of the TEMPLE .. i love the temple so much and he is excited to get to go !
* taking a walk to the church building to plan ideas for the YSA and to street contact .. we met a couple people along the way and it was wonderful to bear testimony to them and invite them to learn more ! i also LOVE walking ! Appleton = beautiful !
* TRANSFERS ! s. v.johnson and i are staying in the Winnebago YSA Branch and Appleton 2nd Ward ! i love her and i love this area ! i know i was supposed to be here just like i felt when i was in Green Bay !
* VOLLEYBALL ! it is by far my new fav sport .. FOR SURE ! the YSA that come are so fun and make it amazing. s.v.johnson taught us how you can relate any verse of scripture to your daily life. it was amazing !
* SATURDAY MAY 16, 2009 = SO FULL OF THE SPIRIT ! the spirit at alex's baptism was AMAZING. everything was so beautiful. i cant express enough the joy alex had on his face and in his heart !
* alex teaching jeremiah james and dan franz about the book of mormon and coming to the knowledge of the truth fullness of this gospel ! IT WAS GREAT !
* WINNEBAGO YSA ROCKS ! alex's confirmation was preformed by President Miller and it was beautiful. specifically for alex !
* working with the appleton 2nd is so fun ! THE TWINS .. slyvia and selina came to church and we went to their house last night and they finally LIKE the girl missionaries ! haha it was an awkward missionary transition and they are 13 so it took them a bit longer to warm up to us ! they are amazing though !
* we also taught a YW's boyfriend from the APL 2nd .. LAZ = way down !
* 3 elders are extending their missions by 3 weeks .. e.jolley, e.tryon and e. oldham ! they are going around interviewing RECENT CONVERTS and their testimonies ! they interviewed our MISSY BLOOM and ALEX PINGEL .. they ROCK !
THIS UPCOMING WEEK IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD ..
because we have ZONE CONFERENCE. i heart zc.
i heart all my family and friends back home supporting me and loving me as i am here in wisconsin. THANK YOU.
this gospel is true. the Lord loves each of us individually and knows each one of us. it is amazing.
I LOVE YOU.